Woodalicious

Tracer Jr.

good afterevening to everyone. on our most recent hunting trip (which some of you know as the one that tracer majestically almost fell into the river and it was hilarious), we decided to check a few places for petrified wood, as it is one of our very most favorite things to collect. the trip was very fun (and entertaining), and one of my favorite finds is a small piece of palmwood that i snagged from right in front of tracer's face. he claims a larger piece of wood distracted him and it wasn't fair, but i beg to differ. i will try to get pictures of the palmwood later, but for now heres a shot of a few of the pieces we found. tracer used his hat for scale, but due to the fact that he has an abnormally gigantic head, the pieces are probably twice as big as they appear.

post-936-12639593134876_thumb.jpg

p.s. i need to start filming our adventures so i won't be the only one to enjoy the hilarity of tracer's mishaps.

I agree with your father.........that's not fair, I never get to find pieces that big! Those are awesomelicious to be sure. I like your style junior!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Looks good TJ :) Videos would be great. Love to see what the area you all hunt in looks like :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Beautiful wood. It has a nice shine.

TJ, I would hide tracer's hat.

Maybe it's even illegal in a few states....:P

Welcome to the forum!

Beautiful wood. It has a nice shine.

TJ, I would hide tracer's hat.

Maybe it's even illegal in a few states....:P

You can never have enough petrified wood.

Roz, it's only illegal in the altered states....

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

You can never have enough petrified wood.

Well said, John! I need to go find some more. Just need to get a front loader to push all of my existing specimens out of the way so I have room for more. There are a couple of pieces in my statewide field collection that I have planned to retrieve. Just got to figure out some way to move them. :P

petrified wood can be fairly resistant to collection. gotta love it when you see the big round end of a log sticking out of a bank, a little bit...

my theory is that if the log won't do its part to go home with me, then i'll teach it a lesson by just leaving it out in the elements until it comes to its senses.

petrified wood can be fairly resistant to collection. gotta love it when you see the big round end of a log sticking out of a bank, a little bit...

my theory is that if the log won't do its part to go home with me, then i'll teach it a lesson by just leaving it out in the elements until it comes to its senses.

Tough love.

You could try that with tj and hopefully he'll stop taking the good fossils...

Tough love.

You could try that with tj and hopefully he'll stop taking the good fossils...

wouldn't work. i know him. tj, take a picture of the palm and post it.

TJ should hook up with SilverPhoenix. He does the same thing to me as you do to your dad when we're hunting palm!

That's why I sometimes have to hunt without him! biggrin.gif

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

I've tried that, but Oh-Man and Silverphoenix just go back and get it after I leave. :P

Tracer Jr....... Thats tree trunk !!! .... well done..... :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)