Air Filters?

RJB

Since Ive been redoing my garage, (and some prepping) I kept thinking about my airabrasive stuff and just how I should set it up. Once I realized that there really wasnt enough room on my airscribing bench, I decided this morning to add some more airline, go around the corner and set up my other bench for my air abrasive stuff. But, I have a question... I got all this equipment years ago and have never ever used it. I see in this canaster that there is some pink stuff that looks kinda like big salt? I tried to look it up at the Comco website, but found no information there to answer my questions. Im sure it has something to do with taking moisture out of the line, but is it too old? Ive also got a comco 2000 to hook up too, but not really sure if im ever gunna use it? The smallest tip you can use on that workhorse is .060 For most of the stuff I do I use a tip much smaller than that. Anyone want to buy a very expensive airbrasive machine for quite cheap?

RB

post-171-12640294848742_thumb.jpg

If the pink stuff is a dessicant.... to take the moisture out of the air lines... process is generally reversible process

simply heat dessicant in an oven above the boiling point of water for a couple of minutes and the moisture will evaporate/ regenerate the dessicant when cooled.... should check with the manufacturers to confirm.

PL

If the pink stuff is a dessicant.... to take the moisture out of the air lines... process is generally reversible process

simply heat dessicant in an oven above the boiling point of water for a couple of minutes and the moisture will evaporate/ regenerate the dessicant when cooled.... should check with the manufacturers to confirm.

PL

OH YEAH!!! Now I remember. When I got all this equipment, he told me to dry it in the oven! I had forgotten that part. Thank you Pleecan. You are now my new hero.

RB

You are welcome RB... we all have our expertise. Thank you for your guide to airscribes... I have learned so much from the group on this forum on the multi facets of fossil collecting... PL

What a sweet setup, RB. The desiccant is probably silica gel (based on your description). A lot of time it is colorless, but since it is pink, it will probably change color or become colorless when it is recharged. You can use it over and over again.

What a sweet setup, RB. The desiccant is probably silica gel (based on your description). A lot of time it is colorless, but since it is pink, it will probably change color or become colorless when it is recharged. You can use it over and over again.

Thank you MikeD. I have ordered a dust collector, but waiting for that to arrive and get hooked up before I do any abrasive prep. My old system was really a very bad system!

RB