New Megalodon Teeth

megateeth

post-1309-12642027588812_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12642027645572_thumb.jpg

10/16/2010 - I did pretty well. The large tooth is just over 5" but the very tip is chipped. The smaller one in just about flawless. The current was strong and the vis was bad so this is all I found.

post-1309-12642027725375_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12642027812798_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12642027896346_thumb.jpg

01/17/2010 - I did very well today. The four teeth in the second photo are nice. The largest was 3.5". I had to pull the boat for repairs so I will not get to dive until Thursday.

post-1309-12642027959526_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12642028148701_thumb.jpg

01/22/2010 - Just got the boat back and it was a great day for a dive. I found three nice teeth one over 5", the water temp was almost 50 deg and the visibility was around 6 in. The current is running slow so the vis should get even better.

Edited by megateeth

Hey megateeth, If I ever decide to start hunting meg teeth, I will move to your neck of the woods and just follow you around underwater. You could point them out to me. Thanks man. Your the greatest. Ha!! Very nice teeth by the way.

RB

Awesome teeth as always!!! :wub: Maybe you'll let me tag along sometime if I'm ever down there ;):D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Bill, you have a meg habit...you know that though. If you were to scoot some of those incredible teeth out of the way, what would some of those other things be on the blue lid? :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Bill, you have a meg habit...you know that though. If you were to scoot some of those incredible teeth out of the way, what would some of those other things be on the blue lid? :)

I just noticed that I double posted one of the photos. Good point though about the other fossils. The 1/17 photo has a Hubble Meg top left. There are five whale ear bones. The small bone - top right - is a small vertebra. Also a whale tooth and several Mako teeth. All fairly common around here.

Hey megateeth, If I ever decide to start hunting meg teeth, I will move to your neck of the woods and just follow you around underwater. You could point them out to me. Thanks man. Your the greatest. Ha!! Very nice teeth by the way.

RB

I could point but you might not see me.

That might work. Let me know when you are down here.

Cool :) I'll let you know long before if I ever get down that way :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Super nice teeth.:)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair