Some old finds prepped !

Everhardus

Hi,

After a few month's of being busy with other stuff,  this weekend i finally found some time to do some prepping again. Since i now have an abrader i started working on some older finds. Most of these were found in La Verpilliere in France. Hope you like 'm....

20210313_153606.jpg

IMG_6555.JPG

IMG_E6556.JPG

IMG_E6559.JPG

IMG_E6561.JPG

IMG_E6562.JPG

IMG_E6564.JPG

IMG_E6566.JPG

IMG_E6568.JPG

IMG_E6569.JPG

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 3

Beautiful.  I don't have an appropriate location for doing any preparation with abrasives but what you have done is lovely.  I do enjoy using the air scribe though, and can't imagine being without it any more.

2 hours ago, Myrmica said:

Beautiful.  I don't have an appropriate location for doing any preparation with abrasives but what you have done is lovely.  I do enjoy using the air scribe though, and can't imagine being without it any more.

Thanx !

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Are those all Pleydellias like the ones you gave me?

I think most of ‘m are, not all. But i haven’t had any time to dig into the literature...

9 hours ago, Everhardus said:

I think most of ‘m are, not all. But i haven’t had any time to dig into the literature...

I've just delved into a helpful paper from Schulbert which I'll send you by WeTransfer. Now I'm not so sure about Pleydellia. Maybe Cotteswoldia would fit better to at least some of them. There may also be some Hudlestonia or maybe even some Dumortieria amongst them, although the latter occur one zone lower.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Thanks, i had it allready but had not have thought of it .....There's also a paper by Rulleau on these old mines which is helpful. Pleydellia and Cotteswoldia look very much alike, pretty confusing to me.

• I Agree 1

So here's another one from this location, nearly finished. This is from a slightly darker brown coloured layer, preservation is also different. The ammonite one the  left is about 8,5 cm, quite large for this layer....

IMG_6585.JPG

• Enjoyed 1

19 hours ago, fishguy said:

Always enjoy looking at the wonderful prep work our members do.  Simply amazing.

Thanx !