Gettin More Crabs Ready For Prep

RJB

I made a phone call today to see what the holdup was for my new dust collector? Well, they didnt notify me to let me know that they had to order it and wouldnt mail it out to me till Febuary 12th/15th. That simply wasnt going to work and told them I was going to cancle my order. Ha!!! I now have a bigger and better unit that they did have in stock and are mailing it to me today and for only 12 bucks more! YEEEAAAH!!! They gave me a discount on the purchase price and also the shipping cost. The bad thing is, Im still without a dust collector. Anyways, since I couldnt do any air abrasive work, I decided to go through some more concretions and see which ones needed some saw cutting and gluing to get some more ready for later. It was colder than you know what, but with some hot water in my tile saw tub I was able to make some cuts. Buuuur!!! It took me 3 times to come inside and warm up my hands, but I got several cuts done for several different crabs. After I got them washed up and dried, I glued and clamped them together. Now I have several more crabs ready to go! WooooooooHoooooooooo!!!

RB

post-171-12645513306225_thumb.jpg

post-171-12645518186582_thumb.jpg

Seems like a little more work that I expected ;) Kudos to you Ron :thumbsu:

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Thanks for the Kudos Phoenixflood. Its always more work than expected.

and thank you too Dave. Ive got several crabs from your part of the world still to prep too. Some of those Tumidos and a few of those Trichopectarion crabs too. In fact, I may be in New Zealand sometime in 2011. I will mainly be in Christchurch and spend a week or so there and then Im going to the other side of the south island for about a week. Maybe we can meet up?

RB

Thanks for the Kudos Phoenixflood. Its always more work than expected.

and thank you too Dave. Ive got several crabs from your part of the world still to prep too. Some of those Tumidos and a few of those Trichopectarion crabs too. In fact, I may be in New Zealand sometime in 2011. I will mainly be in Christchurch and spend a week or so there and then Im going to the other side of the south island for about a week. Maybe we can meet up?

RB

keep me in mind as i love hunting north of chch.i have a spot here that has produced a dozon diferent types of crustations,over half unidenified. new crabs on a regular basis .

It's less like work when the result is a display like that. Awesome. I would love to break open rocks. I also enjoy getting new tools. Congrats on the collector score.

Pentax Optio W60

RJB.....No wonder your hooked on crabs.....there going to look great.....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)