Seanrad09

Here’s another one I’m not sure about. I know we are still learning about the Kem Kem Beds daily, but I wanted to give this one a shot to see if any of the community had any input. I know you all know much more than I do.

It was sold as Dino/Crocodyliform, so not much to go off of besides it was in the Cretaceous Kem Kem beds.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Are you sure its from the Kem Kem group?   The preservation and color/composition of the matrix (in neural canal)  looks more like its from the phosphate deposits of the Ouled Abdoun Basin (late cretaceous to eocene)

7 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Are you sure its from the Kem Kem group?   The preservation and color/composition of the matrix (in neural canal)  looks more like its from the phosphate deposits of the Ouled Abdoun Basin (late cretaceous to eocene)

It was stated Kem Kem, but I was leaning towards your thoughts as well seeing the color of the matrix. If it is Ouled, I’m not versed in marine fauna at all unfortunately, haha.

It's very light in colour, but the type of grain and some of the details still seem consistent with the Kem Kem beds. Based on the shape of the neural spine and the centrum I would say this is a cervical vertebra of a large croc.

• Thank You 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite