3d simulation of extinct biomes

ftlcgi

Posted (edited)

Epizoans - I tried making this feature the hard way, but eventualy it was very simple, shells usualy have seaweed, reptaria used to grow on cephalopod shells like this one

Reptaria-stolnifera.jpg.29625434080434c36b8f37615dc89ff0.jpg.57f64a88ee1b6fe28a755353ff4081ba.jpg

Bringing Fossils to Life mentioned that if the crinoids are reconstructed with parasitic gastropods, then these crinoids should grow substantially smaller. 

http://bringingfossilstolife.infinityfreeapp.com/2023/07/26/crinoids/

There is also a nice topic here on the forum showing brachipod epizoans

I added the basic support for now, it was important to work for static models like shells and animated models like the crinoid

Edited by ftlcgi
  • Enjoyed 3

Just found this thread. Very cool.  A game designer should hire you if they haven't already

• Thank You 1

-Jay

''...science is eminently perfectible, and that each theory has constantly to give way to a fresh one.''

-Journey to the Center of the Earth, Jules Verne

1 hour ago, Jaybot said:

Just found this thread. Very cool.  A game designer should hire you if they haven't already

I'm glad you like it

• 1 month later...

Some time ago i made an ammonite for a cinematic production but i was not sure it may be used, i thing they are using it in a new season of Life on Earth: A New Prehistory

This is a short teaser posted by https://saint-thomas.net/

This is the model i made, it looks like they used different arms and animation that works better for their project but it's encouraging to see it's being used

1434030782_04.01-8.thumb.png.c4180f1fe571fe361fddad94448d1b90.png.8437c79ca965ac6cf4691549776b3062.png

Edited by ftlcgi
  • Enjoyed 4

On 4/26/2024 at 8:36 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

Excellent work.

You have real talent.

Thank you, i've been working on improving the models for the new Seven Stars biome and i'l try to get everything ready for a video, here is a screenshot showing some of the progress

HighresScreenshot00017.thumb.png.f304c3fc3d72a3e80480d30121e829d5.png

• Enjoyed 1