Have wanted to post this for a long time

Malcolmt

Others have already said it,  but: spectacular piece with beautiful detail! I can only imagine the work and patience that has gone into this:default_clap2:

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

1 hour ago, Huntonia said:

Wow!! This really is incredible! That's 200 hours well spent I'd say

About 40 hours is a sweet spot for me in prepping after that you keep thinking will I ever be done...... Thankfully a lot of the preps I do for others tend to be about 4 to 6 hours. One of those prone E. ranas is typically 1 to 2 hours to a very high prep standard. But it really helps when you have done many 100's and you have all the right tools.

Thanks you all for all the thoughtful comments. I was glad that I finally got the go ahead to share . I the coming weeks I will try to share some other material that I have prepared for the new gallery at the ROM. 

Edited by Malcolmt
  • I found this Informative 3

Great prep! Glad you could post as I'm pretty sure I'll never make it there. Would have been great to see it in the original bedding plane to see how extensive the piece could have been!

Amazing work, Malcolm, truly inspiring!! I can't wait to get to the ROM and see them in person!

Really beautiful work well done and it is great to think about how many visitors will get to enjoy this,:thumbsu: