Kolihapeltis and Scabriscutellum

I am bidding on a few items right now and two I am not 100 percent sure on. The first bug, I am hoping not to win, and then I won't have to retract the bid. The second one, I already was outbid, but it is still cheap.

Kolihapeltis-1.JPG

Kolihapeltis-2.JPG

scabrisctellum-1.JPG

I removed my bid on the Kolihapeltis due to the following reasons. Un-natural looking scribe lines going through the abdomen. Great possibility of it breaking during shipping. I looked at other items available from other vendors, and NONE have scribe lines going through the abdomen. I already am outbid on the other one.

The Kolihapeltis doesn't look great. My guess is rough prep and some restoration. The second trilobite is a Paralejurus and not a Scabriscutellum.

• I Agree 2

Agreed. And that Kolihapeltis is very bad. Save your money.

• I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

29 minutes ago, Huntonia said:

The Kolihapeltis doesn't look great. My guess is rough prep and some restoration. The second trilobite is a Paralejurus and not a Scabriscutellum.

I am surprised by the Paralejurus. This one must have been flattened. One other thing to note is they have mis-identified many of the fossils. I kind of think this is an estate sale and they do not know anything about fossils. If I win the prizes tomorrow, I will post them.. Sure it is not digging, but it is fun none the less. 

Edited by MattJ
ypto

My advice, save some money and buy detailed well prepped specimens. Moroccan prep got better in recent years, so try buying a paralejurus that's worth buying and exhibits details like this: post-9201-0-74881500-1437225512.thumb.jpg.1a4dbd1e136a16f7f070419a03bc2aa1.jpg

Same goes for Kolihapeltis, a bit harder to find a good one however. Such a shame to see them destroyed in prep. 

https://www.trilobiti.com/post/prep-story-of-a-kolihapeltis-trilobite

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 4