Fossil forum members will y’all help me identify this?

Rocksmakemehappy

Not a shark tooth, more details on location where it was found would be helpful for someone trying to ID it.

This looks purely geologic to me. 

Not a tooth, as there is no enamel present. 

• I Agree 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Can you post a clearer picture of the side that you showed on your foot.  It seemed bone like but it was too fuzzy for me to see if that irregular surface was trabecular bone.  My impression was a chuck of bone  from a  large animal but otherwise indeterminate .  

2 hours ago, val horn said:

Can you post a clearer picture of the side that you showed on your foot.  It seemed bone like but it was too fuzzy for me to see if that irregular surface was trabecular bone.  My impression was a chuck of bone  from a  large animal but otherwise indeterminate .  

Its interesting for sure. I zoomed in on that last picture.

image.png.87956b7b63b1397a6fc718ba124e7c4c.png

Yep a clearer photo might say more. I think this is non-fossil, non-sedimentary as the others have said. Might actually be a metamorphic rock example...not sure what the radiating weathered crystals are and I'm reaching for an answer but I'm wondering what the smaller darker/reddish/roundish/almost faceted? items are-- might even be garnet ? Need better closeup but it looks to be pretty weathered so may not help. ..

Regards, Chris 

• I found this Informative 1