Offline again

Ludwigia

Oh, Roger - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  My thoughts are with you.

• Thank You 1

Roger, so sorry for your loss. Stay safe and remember that all of us here have you in  our thoughts.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022

My condolences on your loss, stay safe.

• Thank You 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

My travels have been delayed since the authorities wouldn't accept my POC test. Now I have a PCR negative result and shall be flying out tomorrow if all goes well. :fingerscrossed:

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

That's so annoying, especially since they don't and can't show any understanding for the human situation behind it... In any case, good luck tomorrow! Lets hope they'll let you pass through this time :fingerscrossed:

• Thank You 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

Roger, I'm very saddened to hear of your loss and of the frustrating issues surrounding your entry into Canada.  I wish the best for you.

Tom

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, jpc said:

sending my condolences as well, Roger.  Hope the traveling doesn't get any more problematic.  

Thanks. I’ve now arrived safe and sound and am preparing with my family for the final event.

53 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Thanks. I’ve now arrived safe and sound and am preparing with my family for the final event.

Good to hear you are safe and with family, Roger.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Lots of strength the coming couple of days!

• Thank You 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

I'm sorry to hear of your mom's passing and your delay to be among family.  Try to concentrate on happy memories.

Jess

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know that I'm back home again. The family get-together went well as well as the funeral service itself, so mum could take leave in a worthy way. She used to sit together with dad on this bench at the Spree river in Guelph.

IMG_2998.1.thumb.jpg.651757da03fd09068d3caea14ad88eca.jpg

After the excitement was over I had a few days at Sauble Beach with my relatives, did some digging at the site near Formosa, visited with Kane and Deb and checked out a site on the Etobicoke Creek which Monica guided me to. I'll write a little report about that later on. Unfortunately it wasn't possible to visit either her or Malcolm.

• I found this Informative 5
  • Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1

Happy to know that you are home safe and sound and that proceedings went as well as could be expected. 

And that you had time with family, friends and fossils. :) 

• Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

55 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Solo para hacerte saber que estoy de vuelta en casa. La reunión familiar salió bien, así como el funeral en sí, por lo que mamá pudo despedirse de manera digna. Solía sentarse junto con papá en este banco en el río Spree en Guelph.

IMG_2998.1.thumb.jpg.651757da03fd09068d3caea14ad88eca.jpg

Después de que terminó la emoción, pasé unos días en Sauble Beach con mis parientes, hice algunas excavaciones en el sitio cerca de Formosa, visité a Kane y Deb y visité un sitio en Etobicoke Creek al que Monica me guió. Escribiré un pequeño informe sobre eso más adelante. Desafortunadamente, no fue posible visitarla ni a ella ni a Malcolm.

I'm glad everything went well, and you had time for everything, and for everyone.
Now it remains to remember, the good times you spent with her. ^_^

• Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1

I too am glad to hear you made it back home safely after having been able to say goodbye to your mother properly and sharing your fond memories and feeling with friends and family. And I'm looking forward to reading of your adventures in your upcoming report :)

• Thank You 1

21 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

She used to sit together with dad on this bench at the Spree river in Guelph.

That looks like a really beautiful spot to take a moments breaks. 

All the best Bobby 

• I Agree 2

Roger, moms are priceless.  So sorry for your loss.

• I Agree 1

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

It was good to see you, although not under the best circumstances. Your mom raised a great son with a heart of gold. I know I stand a lot to learn from your kindness and wisdom.

• Thank You 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I'm sorry I missed this when it was first posted.  My condolences to you and your family on your mothers passing. 

• Thank You 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin