Omg!

aurora

Wow -- like polished mahogony. It makes me drool :wub:

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

That is a stunner ! :).... Even if its not for sale its nice to know what quality can come from there.... ;)

Edited by Terry Dactyll

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

That is exceptional!

I'm not even a fan of shark teeth and I think that would look great on my desk.

Peruvian teeth have been hyped up lately on eBay, and are going for exorbitant prices. The same thing happened with Bone Valley teeth a week back, and Chilean megs a month or so before. You can usually trace the hype back to this seller.

Peruvian teeth have been hyped up lately on eBay, and are going for exorbitant prices. The same thing happened with Bone Valley teeth a week back, and Chilean megs a month or so before. You can usually trace the hype back to this seller.

Without a doubt - the King of Hype! But Hey, if it works ............

What's his source for of all these nice teeth? He seems to have a non-stop, steady supply of high quality merchandise.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's sellers like him that make it almost impossible for me to obtain these extraordinary teeth that I covet so dearly anymore...

So very true. In the end Megs are not a rare species and are overpriced habitually on Ebay.

Be true to the reality you create.

So very true. In the end Megs are not a rare species and are overpriced habitually on Ebay.

Yes, but with shark teeth, species isn't the only factor affecting price.

I met this dealer at the Tampa show a couple of years ago. He brought his own pair of calipers, which I thought was funny at first. Then, I thought it was a good idea.

What's his source for of all these nice teeth? He seems to have a non-stop, steady supply of high quality merchandise.

He goes to shows and keeps in touch with various collectors. He pays good money for good specimens and seems to make a tidy profit more often than not. Some have questioned his ethics in describing his specimens but he seems to have a loyal following as well.

The teeth are common in some sites, rare in others. In some areas they might not be rare but they are also no longer being exported or digging/collectiong has been halted (mostly or entirely) for some reason, so they have become scarce. The prices seem to get crazier and crazier. Sometimes, I think I should have focused on collecting colorful megalodon teeth (I could be that guy selling teeth for thousands that I got for hundreds or less!) but I used to buy them to trade for teeth you don't see at shows (rare small species/teeth you don't see at shows - oddball locations).

It wasn't that long ago (early 90's) that you could get a complete 5-inch river tooth for $100 and one a half-inch larger with nice color for less than $300.

I have to say that its one heck of a tooth, but its also a lot of money

Greetings Patrick