Fossil Fair This Weekend In Gastonia, Nc

Daryl McEwen

There is a fossil fair going on this weekend in Gastonia, NC for those of you in the NC/SC/TN region. Here's the blurb and the website:

http://www.schielemuseum.org/

Fossil Fair 2010

February 20 February 21, Saturday 9 AM 4 PM, Sunday 1 4 PM

More than a fossil show, this event spotlights all sorts of natural treasures from the earth including fossils, rocks, minerals and the ancient stories that these items tell. Enjoy special presentations by guest speaker Peter Larson of the Black Hills Institute of Geological Research and excavator of the famed Tyrannosaurus "Sue". See museum and fossil club displays and purchase interesting specimens from vendors. Mine for gemstones like garnets, emeralds and amethyst. Kids can meet animated prehistoric characters, see a full-sized T. rex, make a fossil fish print, search for tiny fossils from the Carolina Coast, and much more. Adults $10 Students & Seniors $9 City Resident Adults $8 City Resident Students & Seniors $7 Includes museum admission.

Edited by Daryl McEwen

did anyone go? i'm reading one of Peter Larson's books righ now - "Rex Appeal". pretty interesting so far, a lot more scientific and less dramatic compared to the book about Sue by Fiffer

I usually go since I live in Gaston County, but I went to Aurora, NC this past weekend instead to pick through the PCS spoil piles.