Help: What Is This For A Fish

killer2906

Hello,

i bought this Fish, but the seller could not say me what for a species it is.

He say: The Fish is circa 85 million years old and comes from near Erfoud, Morocco, North Africa.

And i dont know more.

Please Help me to find the right species to the fish.

Greetings from Germany.

Michael

post-2843-12668591227798_thumb.jpg

post-2843-12668591481762_thumb.jpg

post-2843-12668591579347_thumb.jpg

post-2843-12668591777523_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

I am not sure, but it could be Goulmimichthys arambourgi Cavin 1995. This species shares features with Rhacolepis buccalis from the Albian of Brazil. I have a similar fish obviously from the same location (Goulmima).

Thomas

Edited by oilshale

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Thank you for the information.

Please can you give me Photos from your Fish.

I've posted a pic in the gallery section:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=9405

Really crude prep work, but so far, I haven't had the time to do it myself.

I am pretty sure, M.Youssef knows where they are from and can give better information.

Thomas

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

I've posted a pic in the gallery section:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=9405

Really crude prep work, but so far, I haven't had the time to do it myself.

I am pretty sure, M.Youssef knows where they are from and can give better information.

Thomas

Thank you for the Photo.

I dont know the right species , but if it is in a white solid concretion , then location is asfla , goulmima , morocco.

m.youssef

I dont know the right species , but if it is in a white solid concretion , then location is asfla , goulmima , morocco.

m.youssef

Well done Youssef,thanks for the infos! :) It's very important in a forum the contributions from the moroccan collectors,for understand the type of the rocks so for the right origins of these (zones,mountains,villages,etc.),for say the names of the species of the fossils from the stratigraphy.

Thanks!!!

Red :)

->>>>> :)<

A publication in French:

L’évolution paléoenvironnementale des faunes de poissons du Crétacé supérieur du bassin du Tafilalt

et des régions avoisinantes (Sud-Est du Maroc)

Thomas

c-cav-2001.pdf