Delaware Min Society 47Th Annual Show

Phoenixflood

I haven't been to a rock show in a while and am planning on going to this one on the 7th. Are any other forum members thinking about going?

Here is a link to some info about it:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?app=calendar&module=calendar&cal_id=1&do=showevent&event_id=67

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I'm gonna try and make it. Lets cross our fingers and hope that a blizzard doesn't hit that day. :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

I'm also going to be bringing some fossils and rocks to trade if anyone is interested. B):D

Guest Smilodon

This coming weekend, March 6,7, is the Delaware Min Society 47th annual show featuring gems, minerals, and FOSSILS. For directions etc. visit - http://www.delminsociety.net/

Here are some photos of my setup from last year.

post-2027-12673782226989_thumb.jpg post-2027-12673782467068_thumb.jpg

post-2027-12673789022551_thumb.jpg

This year I will have everything from precambrian radiolarian material to sabercat material for sale.

Edited by Smilodon

Looks like you have a good selection there :)

I merged topics Don just to make it more organized. ;)

Me, Phil and my wife are going on Sunday. Will definitely be stopping by your table Smilodon. :)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Guest Smilodon
Me, Phil and my wife are going on Sunday. Will definitely be stopping by your table Smilodon. :)

Cool, other DVPS/Forum members are coming too, so we all will finally get to meet each other.

Edited by Auspex

Here are some photos of my setup from last year.

Nice setup, Don. That Eocene gastropod is AWESOME!

My fiance' and I will also be there on the 7th; I'll probably even have a Fossil Forum shirt on so you all can spot me B)

Remember to check out the website that is posted above because you can get a discount on your admission. I know, I know, but hey that's one more dollar toward minerals or fossils :D

See ya there :)

Great :)

If anyone wants to bring extra fossils or minerals I'll bring some of mine. Just pm me and I'll let you have the cell number so you can find me in all the confusion ;)

Great show and nice to meet some of the Forum members. A few pictures of the star of the show.

post-1272-12680104627727_thumb.jpg

post-1272-12680104725894_thumb.jpg

Yep, it was a great day! Minerals, gems, and fossils everywhere and great people who know about them B):D It's always nice to meet other people interested in the same things.

Guest Smilodon

Yep, it was a great day! Minerals, gems, and fossils everywhere and great people who know about them B):D It's always nice to meet other people interested in the same things.

Hey Guys,

It was great meeting all of you - Shamalama, PhoenixFlood, svillej, and Just Bob. It was a good show for me, AND I got to meet new friends. Thanks guys (and the ladies who let them come to the show.) :P

It was nice to meet you guys. I had a great time at the show even my wife had a great time, that's saying a lot, shes really not that much into minerals or fossils, so you know it had to be a good show. We would definitely go back again. Now on to the next show, the Philadelphia Mineral Treasures and Fossil Fair, on March 27,28 at Plymouth Meeting, Pa. Should be another good one. Hope to see you guys again. :D

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

It was nice to meet you guys. I had a great time at the show even my wife had a great time, that's saying a lot, shes really not that much into minerals or fossils, so you know it had to be a good show. We would definitely go back again. Now on to the next show, the Philadelphia Mineral Treasures and Fossil Fair, on March 27,28 at Plymouth Meeting, Pa. Should be another good one. Hope to see you guys again. :D

I would go back again. :) Yeah, as long as there are rocks and minerals there Lydia doesn't mind going with me to these things ;) She actually had a good time and tried out her negotiation skills, with some sucess B):D

Very nice show, crowded as all get out on Saturday though! Don was a great person to meet and talk to. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of you, but maybe I'll have a chance at the DVPS Fossil Fair in Plymouth Meeting in two weeks.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

sorry eveyone that i had to bail on the show due to work constraints. im going to the dvps show no matter what! lol. so i hope to see ya'll there.

Guest Smilodon

sorry eveyone that i had to bail on the show due to work constraints. im going to the dvps show no matter what! lol. so i hope to see ya'll there.

Phil,

Work is a good thing. Oh, yes it is!!!!

See you in a few weeks.