Tootslg

Need some kind of measurements there Newbie.  Sarasota is certainly in the vicinity for finding Rhino, but without anything for scale it could be numerous things.

Has Tootsig "found" this tooth in a souvenir shop along the beach?  Woolly rhinos (Coelodonta antiquitatis) never lived in Florida; it was common in Europe and Asia.  The last rhino in Florida was Teleoceras sp., a hippo-like rhino.

Woolly rhino material is dredged up from the Dogger Bank in the North Sea and sold to collectors.

• I found this Informative 5

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Who told you that your find was a Woolly Rhino?

This one is a lower tooth from a Miocene Floirda Rhino, Teleoceras proterum

IMG_2202c.thumb.jpg.98d366a23be6f4a9c037daaff61c1aef.jpgIMG_2204c.thumb.jpg.443b184730f1c2b7078c1223b848bd78.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

1 hour ago, Tootslg said:

Google lens the picture 

Hmmm, Well Harry is correct... The woolly rhinoceros (Coelodonta antiquitatis) is an extinct species of rhinoceros that was common throughout Europe and Asia during the Pleistocene epoch and survived until the end of the last glacial period.The woolly rhinoceros was a member of the Pleistocene megafauna..

So, No Woolly rhinos is Florida ever, except the ones purchased and imported by Fossil enthusiasts. I personally have found 3 or 4 lower Rhino teeth from the Florida Rhino, T. proterum. and I think your tooth is likely T proterum and Google Lens is wrong.  I am unable to differentiate between Florida Rhino teeth and European/Asian Woolly Rhino teeth.

Nice find.

• Thank You 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"