I thought was rock and it was booted from mineral forum saying fossil

mdlock

they told me on mineral forum it was not a mineral and they locked my post. said search fossil. Its definitely a group of something.

Roughly, where was it found?

• I Agree 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I agree with conglomerate, but it is eroded in an interesting way that vaguely (very vaguely) resembles a humanoid shape.  Pretty silly of those "mineral people" to tell you it was a fossil, though.

Don

I could see a piece of bone in one piece and a beleminite running in another direction.  My imagination can take me further than it should easily,  however there are many places where concretion can form around fossils

I think mineral would be as wrong as fossil. It does have the 'smell' of fossil, but I think the boot is to rock. A mineral mix. :)

Since fossils are also minerals anyone claiming it belongs on a fossil site instead of a mineral site should be required to identify what fossils it is ;)

I think the reality is that they didn't know what mineral it was so they made an excuse to avoid making an ID.

No symmetry, no recognizable biological features, breaks your tooth when you bite it... it's a mineral!

Edited by BobWill
  • Enjoyed 1