A skull--Jeholosaurus?

FF7_Yuffie

Hello,

I have been offered a skull--from Ganzhou. Am I correct in that it is a Jeholosaurus skull? Or at least that it is an ornithopod. I checked photos and the overall blunt shape looks similar to Jeholosaurus.

I will likely have other photos soon. It also comes with some crushed/badly conditioned bones. Seller himself is unsure of the species.

I do see though multiple different skull shapes online which are labelled Jeholosaurus---ones with more elongated snouts, ones with this stubby snouts. 

Thanks for the help.

微信图片_20211106003921.jpg

微信图片_20211106003918.jpg

6 minutes ago, Troodon said:

What size is the skull what is the formation?

Nanxiong

And I just saw Jeholosaurus isnt from there. A genuine surprise, ive been thinking it was from Ganzhou/Nanxiong all along but its from Yixian.

There arent any small ornithopods describef from Nanxiong from what I can tell (really thought Jeholo was)

I asked for measurements along with my extra photo request.

Just now, Troodon said:

Like to get a closeup of the teeth.   Not much in the way of herbivores are described from there

Yes, its mainly Oviraptorids. Microhadrosaurus is one of the few--but skull shape is completely wrong. There is species crossover with Quipa Foemation, but not many from there either

Teeth is a photo I requested. Ill post when they come.

The teeth look like lizard teeth. Maybe iguana?

• Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

7 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

The teeth look like lizard teeth. Maybe iguana?

I didnt consider lizard. I had a look, there are two described from there-- Chianghsia which has recurved teeth and Tianyusaurus-- snout looks longer and its top teeth are extremely smsll.

But it could be an undescribed one. Still waiting on extra pics.

A few more pics--not one of the teeth yet. The language barrier together with my patchy Chinese and going through translators to different people makes getting the photos I need difficult--basically my message goes to supplier, who then translates and passes onto the collector, who then relays the info back to the supplier, who translatrs and passes it back to me. So what exactly I need can easily get lost in translation--and it's a slower process. 

I'll post the three updated ones, and add when I get a photo of just the teeth.

skull3.jpg

skull2.jpg

skull1.jpg

Edited by FF7_Yuffie

Finally got some pics. Not as good or close as hoped. But hope they shed some light.

It looks a bit lizard to me now.

微信图片_20211111230703.jpg

微信图片_20211111230644.jpg

微信图片_20211111230614.jpg

微信图片_20211111230626.jpg

微信图片_20211111230559.jpg