02/27-03/02

megateeth

I got out a couple of times over the weekend. I did not find anything too unusual. These ranged from 3.5" to 4.25". Hopefully it will warm up soon and I can get out to some of my old dive sites that require a longer boat ride.

post-1309-12676771681926_thumb.jpgpost-1309-12676771750181_thumb.jpg

Edited by megateeth

Awesome, awesome finds. Do the dramatic tide swings make for difficult hunting? A lot more sediment and stuff is deposited on the beaches along the Cooper River...Id imagine this would mess with your vis.

How big is this stretch of water that you are hunting, or is it a stream. It's amazing to see that everytime you went for a dive, you come up with several of these magnificent teeth. This must have been a great place when these megs were alive and swimming around in that area.

greets Patrick

I was just looking on the map were Savannah was situated in the USA and saw tha't it's about 50 miles or so from Summerville. If i would have know this last october than i would have loved to visit you and made a dive with you. Last october i was on a fossil hunting trip in Summerville.

Patrick

I am diving just off the intercoastal so it is a pretty large area. It is a salt water tidal river.

How big is this stretch of water that you are hunting, or is it a stream. It's amazing to see that everytime you went for a dive, you come up with several of these magnificent teeth. This must have been a great place when these megs were alive and swimming around in that area.

greets Patrick

Curious do you even find bad specimens, or just don't take them. Just seems like all your teeth are beautiful!