Arcadia Trip 3/7

peacefossil

Looks like the river is finally starting to come down to fossil level! I've gone out the past few weeks and not found much.

Today was a little better, only spent a few hours though. With temps in the 70's and water still a tad chilly I set out.

Quite a few turtle frags this time round compared to almost none past trips. Think I only kept one of the many bony armor pieces I found.

Nice variety in the short time spent. On to the pictures, the few I have I had to ps the lighting.

post-505-12680056600266_thumb.jpg

post-505-1268005670503_thumb.jpg

post-505-12680056779936_thumb.jpg

Looks like you have a claw of something in the third picture that's to the left but it's not all the way in the frame so I can't really tell ;) It's always good to get out and hunt :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

That actually looks like a gator tooth cut in half. I know it isn't but picture that. I found some really neat stuff today. I'll have to get some better shots maybe monday of them.

I think the are two Osteoderms there as well. Also the largest dugong rib I have yet to come across.

Peacefossil, Nice materials. I was just up stream of the Acardia boat ramp on Saturday. Found a few things, but not as many as you. I keep on staring at the fossil down 2 below the dudong rib.. Ray plate? Looks like spikey edge.

There is nothing like being in the river, seeking a fossil.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Yep I'm pretty sure ray and a barb above that. Few horse teeth and not sure on the other tooth.

Nice assortment of shark teeth. You didn't find much? There is a ton of gravel south waiting for ya!

Nice finds. I wish the temps here were in the 70's. Even though I'm happy with 40's this time of year. Thanks for sharing. :)

Tim the Western NY Explorer