C& D Canal

Just Bob

Here's a few finds from the C&D canal from a trip that my wife and I took on Tuesday.

post-2410-12685360937909_thumb.jpg

post-2410-1268536101969_thumb.jpg

post-2410-12685361081362_thumb.jpg

Edited by Just Bob

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Very nice... You found a Terebratulina Cooperi brachiopod too! They are very diagnostic to the Mount Laurel formation I'm finding out.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Guest Smilodon

Hey guys, I don't know if you already know this but if you go to the Delaware Geological Survey's website, you will find two very good guides to C&D canal fossils in PDF format.

Don,

Yeah, I downloaded a few of the .pdf's available on their site and have been using them to ID some of what I've found. Thanks!

Dave

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Hey guys, I don't know if you already know this but if you go to the Delaware Geological Survey's website, you will find two very good guides to C&D canal fossils in PDF format.

Thank you Don, I didn't know. Great guide!:)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Nice Finds Bob. I been meaning to find time to sneak over that way. Drive over it all the time never stopped.