Steven B. Cunningham has donated 5 sets of modern shark jaw teeth to the Natural History Society of Maryland arranged in riker mounts in the method of "horizontal dentition" which he devised. 

I was asked to gather information to be used to promote this donation. So I am posting on TFF requesting information on his method and its usefulness in assembling artificial tooth sets. I have not been successful in trying online to gain information. So any comments or suggestions of people or material that would aid would be greatly appreciated.

Elasmo has published his primary paper in which he describes his very time consuming and difficult process. He states that this method aids in the study of positional tooth form. Any other ideas as to how I could gain information would be greatly appreciated.

CunnunghamElasmo.PNG

Not sure exactly what you are requesting but I will add a comment that extracting shark teeth from dried jaws is difficult but extracting from fresh jaws is very easy. If you have a fresh jaw, all you need is very hot water and the teeth will drop out in a few minutes. Dried jaws require a lot of boiling and scraping of the tissue that adheres to the roots. The roots are easily broken when doing this. 

These were apparently dried jaws and required him to saw pieces and soak to remove.

Sorry, if I was not clear. I am trying to find out if folks have read his paper(s) and what impact his ideas of identifying positions of teeth by laying them labial side down and arranging both upper and lower teeth in a crown pointed down position adds clarity to recognition.

He received some of his jaws from Dr. Gordon Hubble and worked with Jim Bourdon among others.

I have never attempted to do an artificial set of teeth.

I suspect that there are TFF member who have . Have they seen Mr Cunningham's paper(s) and did they influence their efforts?

Here is the link to his paper:  elasmo,com/cunningham/c_taurus/sc_ct-files.html