Sc Ditch Fossils

Daryl McEwen

Waded barefoot through precarious garbage/glass shard-littered and bone chilling water-filled ditches in areas around Summerville earlier this week with Ozzyrules and left a little miserable and water-logged but when I got home was amazed by the wide array of colors I found in all the fossilized teeth and bones from this area.

Here are a few photos of my finds. These are mainly only representative of the awesome coloration of fossils that come from the area. I went home with a bunch of great finds including a nice light tan inner-ear bone.

Is the last grayish fossil anything of interest? I haven't gotten an ID yet on it.

post-2202-12689765684927_thumb.jpg

post-2202-12689766184465_thumb.jpg

post-2202-12689766987426_thumb.jpg

post-2202-12689770777613_thumb.jpg

post-2202-12689770924359_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daryl McEwen

Wow !! What a variety of colors!!! Awesome finds!!!wub.gifsmile.gif

Thanks for sharing, Daryl!

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

How I envy you, there's nowhere near me that would turn up such a bounty of fossils.

It's no good, I'm going to have to get out there and do some tramping around!

How I envy you, there's nowhere near me that would turn up such a bounty of fossils.

It's no good, I'm going to have to get out there and do some tramping around!

i always prefered tromp to tramp..... even in context i feel weird telling people im going to go "tramping"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tromping

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tramping

I have a rather large scar on the bottom of my right foot from an adventure like that many years ago. Cool finds!

The last object looks a little like a either a coral or possibly a broken croc tooth. Can you give us a good pic of the bottom?

Be true to the reality you create.

I have a rather large scar on the bottom of my right foot from an adventure like that many years ago. Cool finds!

The last object looks a little like a either a coral or possibly a broken croc tooth. Can you give us a good pic of the bottom?

I'm pretty sure now that its a coral. It isn't smooth really and is more the texture of the calcium carbonate rather than dentin

great finds daryl. im going creek hunting sunday here in nj. im gonna try and just wear my sneaks for the first time this year! im sure it's gonna be COLD!!!

Daryl, I have hunted with Ozzyrules a long time and broken fingers, cuts and bruises are a common occurance. One thing for sure he can find things. Nice finds.

I wear a nice pair of thick sole mutlocks neoprene 18 in boots. Maybe there heavy and the older ones fill up with water but I been lucky that they haven't been cut through with glass or poked through with a sharp stick. When it was 17 degrees out my feet were cool but not cold. Sweating is more of a problem in winter.

What not wearing your hiking boots this weekend Phil?

That's a nice bunch of colours you got there. Most of the teeth we find here are greenish black, with brown grey roots. So this is nice to see.

Greetings Patrick

www.patricksharkteeth.com