Lost my child hood fossil hammer at DSR

Dean Ruocco

I just wanted to say if anyone goes to DSR in the near future and finds a hammer(a flat head geology hammer if that makes sense), it is most likely mine. I have had the hammer since I was 5-6 and it was a gift from my grandpa. Please message me if you find it!

Very sad to hear this, I know how much my hammer means to me. 

Good luck, Dean. :fingerscrossed:

• Thank You 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Thats terrible! I hope you get it back.  I know what you must feel, I've had my geology hammer about 40 years.  I bought it at a rock shop on a vacation in Colorado.  I'd be sick if I left it in the field.

• Thank You 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

I hope someone sees the APB (amateur paleontologists bulletin) on your missing hammer and finds it soon. I'm still annoyed at myself for several gifts I've lost over the years. I'm sure it happens to all of us though. Luckily I am still happy to have the rock hammer my dad gave me more than sixty years ago. Watches and rings are another story though. Good luck. I'll bet that many of the fossil-hunters at DSR visit our forum so there's hope that someone will be able to help you. I'm glad you posted it here.

• Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

If I could of gone and looked for it I would have, but I was too busy this weekend. I will be heading there leading a field trip for my club on May 7th. I don't know if it will still be there by then. I once left behind a hammer that I got as a birthday gift at DSR a couple years ago and member @Al Tahan found it and returned it to me. So i know how it feels.

• Enjoyed 2
  • Thank You 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

@Darktooth that was quite the stroke of luck when I found your hammer. 

I will also be at DSR may 7th with my cousin and her young girls who want to fossil collect! The kids caught the fossil bug lol. 

• Enjoyed 2
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Al Tahan said:

I will also be at DSR may 7th with my cousin and her young girls who want to fossil collect! The kids caught the fossil bug lol. 

Hi AL, that will be nice to see you there on the 7th. There will be members from the Syracuse club as well as members from a Pennsylvania club present. Should be a good time.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1

On 4/24/2022 at 8:37 PM, Darktooth said:

If I could of gone and looked for it I would have, but I was too busy this weekend. I will be heading there leading a field trip for my club on May 7th. I don't know if it will still be there by then. I once left behind a hammer that I got as a birthday gift at DSR a couple years ago and member @Al Tahan found it and returned it to me. So i know how it feels.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:31 PM, Al Tahan said:

I think I left the hammer near the top of the of the site, you'll probably be able to see where I was digging. please keep an eye out for it!! Thanks for helping.

4 minutes ago, Dean Ruocco said:

I think I left the hammer near the top of the of the site, you'll probably be able to see where I was digging. please keep an eye out for it!! Thanks for helping.

If it is still there when I go on the 7th, I will get it back to you.

• Thank You 1

On 4/24/2022 at 2:43 AM, Dean Ruocco said:

I just wanted to say if anyone goes to DSR in the near future and finds a hammer(a flat head geology hammer if that makes sense), it is most likely mine. I have had the hammer since I was 5-6 and it was a gift from my grandpa. Please message me if you find it!

:fingerscrossed:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Hello Dean I am sorry to have to say this, but nobody saw your hammer on the 7th. There were about 20 of us and every inch of the site was covered. I forgot to post this when I got back home from the hunt.:unsure: