New Bones From The Pits (March)

podope

"A few" he says...post-423-12698709071691_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Yeah, I'd say that qualifies as a few alright. Do you ever find any skulls, tusks or other species where the teeth are found? What do you plan to do with all those teeth? Inquiring minds want to know. rolleyes.gif

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

WOW,

nice collection you have got there!

Are these the findings of the whole of march?

I presume they are from the same sandpits near Gyorujfalu along the danube?

Do you work there, and take home what is sivved out? Or do you actually hunt activly for the bones around the pit?

Greetings,

Richard

When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it is attached to the rest of the world.

-- John Muir

And can you please post some pictures of some of your topfinds!

When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it is attached to the rest of the world.

-- John Muir

Hey man, that`s not fair! ;)

You say "a few"...And some of us had NEVER found anything remotelly similar! :D

Do you sell some?

podope - you're posts always make everyone want to see more. it would be wonderful if you could take some pictures of the fossils where you're digging them so we could see what they look like as they're found. thanks for the pictures, as always.

Every time I see your photos, I think about comparative anatomy. Such a large collection can reveal more than the individual specimens. Thanks for showing them, Peter.

The Pit - where mammoth teeth are so common that people outline their flower beds with them.... :P

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

And can you please post some pictures of some of your topfinds!

Hi Smaug.

Time to time I publicate the findings.

You can find my publications on this fossil forum if You type "podope" in the search box.

You can find the pictures of my collection.

Kind regards

Peter

• 2 months later...

Man I am late but heck when I found my last tooth 3 years ago I thought the best of it but hey in one month you have found more then my 10 years of collecting.

So look for a White dude on your porch in the morning waiting to go collecting with you. :rolleyes:;)

Jeff

I bet im not the only one thinking this... Can you take some field shots of you recovering some of these MANY fossils you find??

Also, what do you do with all these things?? Seems like you have an endless supply of Mammoth teeth and bones. I could die happy just to find a piece of one tooth. :)

Ever need to make room for another tooth I can store one for you :P