hell Creek Gold

usaman65

Hi-

I bought a very large piece of hell Creek cretaceous Amber not too long ago, The biggest I have ever seen. I was told that it could not be cut, being too brittle and too rare to destroy it trying to cut it.

I left the back rough because it makes the piece look like gold.

I believe this is the first Gem grade hell Creek Cretaceous amber cabbed in the world, I may have it set, as I have done with New Jersey Cretaceous Amber.

Kevin chomicki

post-39-12701562749061_thumb.jpg

post-39-12701563419164_thumb.jpg

Kevin Chomicki

Wow, that is big for hell Creek amber. Every other piece I've seen (maybe three total) was more like a smudge the thickness of an aspirin but almost as long as yours.

It was the biggest piece I have ever seen, It was purchased at the Tuscon Show by Mark Bennet, I bought it from him rough. I have pictures of the Rough before it was cut if you would like to see them.

Kevin Chomicki

Edited by usaman65

...I have pictures of the Rough before it was cut if you would like to see them.

Yes please! Before & after would be great :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Beautiful specimen! Great photos!

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Nice work!

It was pretty when you got it; it's a real gem now :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Drooling here! :wub: Thanks for sharing that with us. I love amber.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

That really is a magnificent piece you have. I can't stop coming back to take a look at it. :wub:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Kev Nice Work!..... Leaving the back rough as found was a great idea...... :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

I like your works! The hell Creek amber looks like deep gold colored amber. Large hell Creek amber is 'very precious' especially if they are cracks-free quality. What other amber he (Mark Bennett) have?

4340794394_649a5b97e1.jpg

This is my tiny hell Creek amber cabochon I've made..but its smaller than Kev have :) .

This tiny cabochon from hell Creek Fm., Wibaux Co., Montana.