Onslow Beach bone and misc ID

Weekend warrior

• New Members

Hi everyone!  I fossil hunt at Onslow quite a bit and have found a few things in the last couple weeks that I was curious about.  The circle thing with a hole stumped a Facebook group I’m in.  I did hold it up to a light and it is not see through so I’m assuming not glass.  Thanks for any help as always! 

image.jpg

E8201616-56E6-48DA-960A-DCB201FDF853.jpeg

B3DE982C-7556-4C89-A492-404EC5C35D7E.jpeg

4D68619D-CFDF-4861-B379-D1499970EF8C.jpeg

Edited by Weekend warrior

the first maybe a piece of tooth but it is so water worn that beyond that I will not go.  the second I believe is a piece of a long bone, possibly distal end of a small (bird?) femur   the third I have heard called either indian bead or a piece of shrimp or worm burrow.  there are some really nice fossil clubs in NC that you may want to look into, they have group outings, and will have some people that are absolutely familar with the local fossils

9 hours ago, Weekend warrior said:

The circle thing with a hole stumped a Facebook group I’m in.

It looks like an extremely worn shark centrum.

• I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Al Dente said:

It looks like an extremely worn shark centrum.

I agree with Eric that the "circle thing" looks like an extremely worn shark centrum.

Marco Sr.

• I Agree 1

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png