Cows On A Saturday Morning

bmorefossil

this time the boat actually worked we cleaned out all the parts and she started right on up this made getting to the beach alot easier and faster. the sad part about that is 3 people were already on the beach by 5am and they had walked it twice, one of them had found 2 megs both in the 2-2.5" range but as good as the day looked like it would be it really wasnt that great, we had clear water and low tides making it great to find things sitting out in the cool water for someone to pick up but there was really noting to pick up except for the bone and even for a day like this bone was scarce. I did happen to find a 2 1/4" meg sticking out of the clay and was quickly to dig it out. Some other nice finds were found all around the boat including two cow sharks one thats over 1 1/8" long and an orange mako which really stands out among the dark teeth. There were alot of sand tigers out to be found on saturday most of which i walked over not paying really any attention being that i usually find maybe one or two. Over all it was worth the trip I kinda wish i got there earlier to find the other megs but its first come first serve at the cliffs when its dead calm. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Steve

post-1554-12710379534279_thumb.jpg

post-1554-12710379607767_thumb.jpg

post-1554-12710379672159_thumb.jpg

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Wait 'til JohnJ sees those nice cow shark teeth...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Pretty cool, Steven! (I'm not sure why, but I just pictured Bill Engvall doing his 'dorkfish' routine with a bunch of cow shark teeth in his mouth...sorry. :P )

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

5AM is kind of hard core. LOL But then I was out at 12AM to 3 AM looking for teeth at low tide at the cabins. But that didn't involve kayaking to the beach. Nice finds

Edited by Taxman56

I guess you have to have some Kleig lights with you to see the stuff on the beach at those hours!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/