Brachiopod, ID text in Chinese, , translation: help please.

Paleorunner

I received yesterday, a pair of brachiopods of this species, from a Chinese seller, I asked for information, and this is the only thing they sent me.
I would appreciate if any member could translate the text, or tag
to another member who can translate it.
Thanks.

It is not necessary to translate everything... just name, age and origin. :rolleyes:

S2f14ec7e5cb544319a983596d3a19afcz.png

• Enjoyed 1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Brachiopod, ID text in Chinese, , translation: help please.

I am not sure how accurate it is as I do not speak Chinese but I put it in an image translator website and this is what came out.

image.thumb.png.0d845e8945f03f89fbdd8541ca93b62c.png

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

@Top Trilo Thanks for the help.
I have been digging with this translation, It seems they sell them as if they were manufactured:
( - Material: fossil.
- Size: about 4. 00 x 2. 00 x 2. 0 inches. 57" x 0.79" x 0.79"
- Colour: as shown.
- Made of quality material, it is safe and long lasting for better decoration.
- This brachiopod simulation fossil model can develop creativity and enrich your knowledge, etc.
- Smooth surface, tender skin care. Small toys do not take up space and bring fun to children.
- This product can be given as a great gift to your friends and family. They will be very happy.
- Ideal for party favors, birthday gifts, educational purposes, party decorations, children's day gifts, etc).

And on the other hand they tell you that they are authentic:
Shi Yan was originally a marine animal, but due to geological changes it was unearthed in the mountains.

It is clear to me that it is a Spirifer sp. Devonian - China. ( They measure 3 centimeters ).
I'll have to check with Adam. @Tidgy's Dad If you can give me the full name,

I will include photos of what I have received to see it better.

IMG_20220817_162517430.thumb.jpg.35ab737831c4d1fa4ac380b9f1fcdc7d.jpgIMG_20220817_162540858.thumb.jpg.f202e4a6640ec2a272c678a7e8fd65d9.jpgIMG_20220817_162729066.thumb.jpg.b5e23e3feb651c053d58a3836015921d.jpgIMG_20220817_162811602.thumb.jpg.94fb2774acbf4059a782c29d229819d2.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Those look real to me, can't understand why someone would manufacture them in that way. 

They look like Late Devonian Cyrtospiriferinae to me. 

Cyrtospirifer itself or maybe Sinospirifer would be my best guess. 

They're yummy, good purchase!:brachiopod: :b_love1:

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Those look real to me, can't understand why someone would manufacture them in that way. ...

I have seen this approach several times. This is possibly because of the ban on selling fossils. They simply claim that it is a "manufactured" children's toy. Then there is no danger of getting prosecuted.

Edited by oilshale
  • I Agree 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

3 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Those look real to me, can't understand why someone would manufacture them in that way. 

They look like Late Devonian Cyrtospiriferinae to me. 

Cyrtospirifer itself or maybe Sinospirifer would be my best guess. 

They're yummy, good purchase!:brachiopod: :b_love1:

Thank you very much Adam. :fistbump:
I also see Sinospirifer, I have searched the internet, and I have seen several references, and photos of that Chinese brachiopod.

58 minutes ago, oilshale said:

I have seen this approach several times. This is possibly because of the ban on selling fossils. They simply claim that it is a "manufactured" children's toy. Then there is no danger of getting prosecuted.

Yes, I also thought of some kind of strategy, to be able to send them out of the country without having problems.

• Enjoyed 1