4-15-10 Trip

bmorefossil

the girlfriend and I took the kayak out once again to our favorite beach and this was by far her best trip yet. We both began to find small teeth as soon as we started looking, and to our suprise there was no one else there! Usually when the day looks this good we have at least one other person hunting as well. We soon reached a section of the beach with a ton of boulders around and some of them were basicly bone with a small amount of matrix on them most of the vertabrae we left because we didnt feel like hauling them back to the kayak but I decided to keep two of them, as I looked around for more Kristine looked for teeth and soon after I turned my back I hear, "wow I havent found one of these yet". So I head over to find her holding one heck of a croc tooth. Not even two minutes later she shows me a 1 3/4" wide shark vert, so now Im here having my butt beat by my girlfriend. I did end up finding a croc tooth as well before we headed on home. After cleaning off one of the bones it turns out to be a deformed whale vert with a huge oval in it. I wonder if someone knows what it could be from.

post-1554-12717652527775_thumb.jpg

post-1554-12717652621463_thumb.jpg

post-1554-12717652729352_thumb.jpg

post-1554-12717652832915_thumb.jpg

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Very nice finds and that trip sounded like you guys had a lot of fun. Could those be Gator teeth? B)B)B):)

post-23-12717771421654_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

Nice Haul Bmorefossil. Not often when a picker says he had to leave stuff behind because he didn't want to carry them. Sometime soon we got to drag our yak's down to MD and catch up with you.

Hi Bmore! Say, that sure is a large shark vert! You obviously need to take the girlfriend out more often since she does so well. Plus, if things progress to the "I-do" stage for you two, what's hers becomes yours ... so the more she finds, the bigger "your" collection grows :)

Daryl.

yea well everything she finds gones right into the collection and she doesnt have any problem with it, she just loves finding fossils.

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

anyone have a reason for the hole in vert, there is also a curve that makes me feel that the vert formed around something and maybe the hole had been created by something that was stuck in the whales body and it curved around it as it grew.

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg