Help with Curved bone plate fragment

Docweldon

Dear brain trust .

Recently found coastal So Georgia. Initially thought ice age turtle shell but missing the typical suture marks. It has a slight curve to the surface and has a smal convex protrusion on inner surface . Approximately 3/4 inch thick . 

6CD685C0-DFD9-44EE-B980-1D5D269D5F7E.jpeg

C26815D5-76EB-4ECD-B392-A0A5192FE07C.jpeg

8E6A4C15-A534-47FF-A142-2EB01F04C654.jpeg

51 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

I have some tortoise specimens from the Peace River that are as robust as the pictured unknown. @Shellseeker

I am close to Mike here.... The outer layer of the fossil is pretty thin,  giving me a feeling of Hesperotestudo .sp shell rather than large mammal bone.  I can get very large 4-5 inch chunks of shell with no markings on them.  If I were to find this in the Peace river, I would think Giant Tortoise.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

@Docweldon Can you take pictures in brighter light of the views above? The exterior texture does remind me of turtle in your first pic. 

But my hesperotestudo examples have very spongy internal texture with larger holes for the vascular parts.  Due to either condition or picture quality, I'm not seeing that in yours.

I think clearer pictures showing the texture would help.

Here's a picture of my biggest piece for comparison.

IMG_20201108_072649885~4.jpg