Plesiosaur in Australia

Tidgy's Dad

There is a video related to this find on CNN as well.

Here is a screen grab from the end of the video.  How many errors can you spot?  D'oh! (said in a Homer Simpson voice).  They really need a scientifically literate editor.

Doh.jpg

Don

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

2 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

There is a video related to this find on CNN as well.

Here is a screen grab from the end of the video.  How many errors can you spot?  D'oh! (said in a Homer Simpson voice).  They really need a scientifically literate editor.

Don

Well, I suppose that if one did throw a velociraptor into a pond, it would have to come to the surface to breathe.  

• Enjoyed 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

11 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Well, I suppose that if one did throw a velociraptor into a pond, it would have to come to the surface to breathe.  

In which case they would not be dinosaurs according to the statement in the video.

Makes me think of a Monty Python sketch, but with dinosaurs instead of witches.

Don

• Enjoyed 3

1 hour ago, FossilDAWG said:

In which case they would not be dinosaurs according to the statement in the video.

Makes me think of a Monty Python sketch, but with dinosaurs instead of witches.

Don

Build a bridge out of it! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• 1 month later...

What a spectacular find! And look at the teeth on that "beastie"! Quite intriguing preservation too, I think. In some of the video shots, it looks like you can make out individual vertebrae, but then, when you look at the overview shot, it looks like the specimen was preserved in a different type of rock from the surrounding ones, as it's hard to make out individual bones?

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett