Amethyst In Dino Bone

Oddball

Here's a freeform high-dome teardrop piece of red dino bone I cut about 25 years ago. I believe the rough piece was from a collection trip in Moab, UT. Not sure since some of my material got mixed up with Jensen material during a relocation. Anywho, this piece is notable for the crystalline vugs. One at the top left, one at center, and a long vein on the right. These clear agate filled vugs contain perfectly terminated amethyst crystals and a bit of druzy amethyst.

post-3157-12724138701209_thumb.jpeg

When collecting with your dog, 'Beware The Steaming Coprolite'.

Beautiful!

You got some great stuff, Oddball.

Welcome to the forum!

I can only get your photo to open in a small window with no zoom (I'd like to see it better). Is the file size too big? Or is there another reason? Asking other forum members/mods, here.

Thanks,

Tim

I've just started learning to cab. That's a gorgeous piece. I can't wait to get my hands on some dino bone!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Beautiful!

I can only get your photo to open in a small window with no zoom (I'd like to see it better). Is the file size too big? Or is there another reason? Asking other forum members/mods, here.

Thanks,

Tim

I saved it small. That pic was taken with a 2.1 MP camera and loses resolution when enlarged.

Edited by Oddball

When collecting with your dog, 'Beware The Steaming Coprolite'.