Earth Fossil Find May Lead To Martian Discoveries

West4me

Hope springs eternal, and they have to look at every possibility, but they are really reaching...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 2 weeks later...

Big difference. The former is about scientific research, the latter is a conspiracy theory (the link to which I've disabled; no need to attract the likes of them).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Big difference. The former is about scientific research, the latter is a conspiracy theory (the link to which I've disabled; no need to attract the likes of them).

Oops, sorry! I didnt read the whole thing.

I could see it happening but only with microscopic fossils. Gypsum forms as seas dry up and we have seen life survive in some strange places before like the soda lakes in Africa, Glaciers in Antarctica and hot chimney smokers on the floor of oceanic plates. I wonder if they found these fossils in old water bubbles or are they directly preserved in the Gypsum.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

They are astronomers. BTW, what is a "paleobiologist"??? A paleontologist with no training in geology? I am unfamiliar with that term.

No, not at all. It's an unnecessary term in some peoples' opinions, as many paleontologists are paleobiologists - I would argue that most terms for "new" disciplines are unnecessary. The term intends to place the focus of fossil study on fossils as animals, studied in terms of their biological history. Whereas much of paleontology has been focused on subjects like biostratigraphy, which has overlapped only occasionally with aspects of study like evolutionary biology, paleobiology focuses more exclusively on what fossils have to tell us about the biological world of the geologic past, usually by explicitly using our knowledge of living organisms to inform us.

No, not at all. It's an unnecessary term in some peoples' opinions, as many paleontologists are paleobiologists - I would argue that most terms for "new" disciplines are unnecessary. The term intends to place the focus of fossil study on fossils as animals, studied in terms of their biological history. Whereas much of paleontology has been focused on subjects like biostratigraphy, which has overlapped only occasionally with aspects of study like evolutionary biology, paleobiology focuses more exclusively on what fossils have to tell us about the biological world of the geologic past, usually by explicitly using our knowledge of living organisms to inform us.

Hmmm... that sounds a lot like paleoecology???

My original post was more of a facetious nature than a genuine quandary. Before, the sparing use of those smiley things, in my posts, have left some unsure as to the nature of my remarks, and that has gotten me in trouble. ;) I have told myself-"self, you need to use those things more often". :0