Update: West Texas

FossilForKids

Well after passing through New Mexico with only 1 speeding ticket (40 in a 50 zone) in a speck of a town famous for the death of Billy the Kid! I guess thers a moral to that story but it escapes me :blink: So I finally entered the great state of texas and was made to feel welcomed by the drive friendly sign full of bullet holes. To compensate for the Good Lord's lack of effort in "decorating" West Texas, the people of the Great State of Texas wisely upped the speed limit to 80 miles an hour! I did take the time however to check out a few spots. I found broken ammos, varieties of echinoids, gastropods and evidence of Satan's constant need of a pedicure....gobs of the shell know as....Devil's Toe Nails!! :devil: Next update the ammos of NE Texas!

post-1292-12728584538487_thumb.jpg

post-1292-1272858480683_thumb.jpg

post-1292-12728585116912_thumb.jpg

post-1292-12728585384464_thumb.jpg

post-1292-12728585564272_thumb.jpg

post-1292-12728585826223_thumb.jpg

post-1292-12728586080082_thumb.jpg

Edited by FossilForKids

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

The sign is funny, reminds me of the religous signs that are all over Tennessee. My fav is the sign as you enter a small town just west of me - it says "Repent or Die"; then theres the sign as you near Pleasant Hill that reads "Prepare to meet thy Lord." Yeah, Tennessee's awesome :blink:

By the time you get to the East coast you will need a U-Haul.Great post! B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!

I like this sign on I-10 west (on the other side of the state) about 4 miles west of the Texas / Louisiana border.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I like this sign on I-10 west (on the other side of the state) about 4 miles west of the Texas / Louisiana border.

never liked that drive, either. whole lot of nothin'.

never liked that drive, either. whole lot of nothin'.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!