DIY compressed air dryer

hadrosauridae

My last post about the setup of my fossil workshops for a while....

In this video I show how I constructed a MONSTER, DIY air dryer for the compressed air system in my fossil prep workshop.  
Just as a caveat, don't do this yourself, its a terrible idea, don't try this at home, your mileage my vary.

• I found this Informative 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

why did you run it backwards?  Looks like you could flip the wall mount easily and run it forward.  (edit.... you did tell us later).  

Hey, what editing software do you use?

Edited by jpc

2 hours ago, jpc said:

why did you run it backwards?  Looks like you could flip the wall mount easily and run it forward.  (edit.... you did tell us later).  

Hey, what editing software do you use?

I use the Cyberlink Power Director software.  Not the most powerful editor, but it was easy to learn and I like the features.

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

Nice job with the presentation/video

Has it met your expectations?

Thanks, and it has far exceeded my expectations.  I went just over 3 months before the first time I changed out the silica beads.

• Enjoyed 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

you shouldn't have to change out the silica gel, just put it in a toaster until it turns blue again.  It is not poisonous, but i have a toaster oven in the lab dedicated to silica gel only.

• I Agree 1

9 hours ago, jpc said:

you shouldn't have to change out the silica gel, just put it in a toaster until it turns blue again.  It is not poisonous, but i have a toaster oven in the lab dedicated to silica gel only.

Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.  I didnt mean "change out" to be "throw away".  I have enough silica for 3 changes, and I rotate through them.  The moisture saturated beads get dried in the oven and put back into rotation.

2 hours ago, hadrosauridae said:

Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.  I didnt mean "change out" to be "throw away".  I have enough silica for 3 changes, and I rotate through them.  The moisture saturated beads get dried in the oven and put back into rotation.

I figured you were doing this, but hoping to not mislead others who are just starting.  

• Thank You 1