Lepidophloios

RomanK

This heap is placed near the central park and surrounded by devil amount of garages which are the barrier to get there. You need to have some cheek and bravado to go through guard. That's why I hate the garages. I've been lucky and spend couple of hours on that heap.

View on to the city and map with teri conique.

post-814-12731455557524_thumb.jpgpost-814-12731455635312_thumb.jpg

I found nothing serious except one big specimen, which I think is Lepidophloios, quite rare thing.

post-814-12731457761977_thumb.jpg

You can see the bark (a bit decorticated) and wood without bark.

post-814-12731457922857_thumb.jpg

Bark close up to look details.

post-814-12731458069769_thumb.jpg

Interesting find. It must have been difficult to carry out that big chuck of petrified wood. Very pretty coloring.

Its cool how you detail the map of how to get there. You'll need to make friends with someone you can give you permission I suppose ;-)

RomanK..... Great trip report as usual..... You must have a lot of sites to find material now....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Interesting find. It must have been difficult to carry out that big chuck of petrified wood. Very pretty coloring.

Its cool how you detail the map of how to get there. You'll need to make friends with someone you can give you permission I suppose ;-)

Thank you Tony, I'm just cheeky.

I look forward to your posts with all the pictures too RomanK, you find such beautiful specimens over there.

I look forward to your posts with all the pictures too RomanK, you find such beautiful specimens over there.

Thanks Sue, you use a good word 'Rockhounder'. For me it's 'Fossilplanthounder'. It seems to me sometimes that I feel the fossil smell. :) This morning I checked one of my 'permanent client" (coal tip). One more lepidophloios :) Roman

post-814-12733450050362_thumb.jpg

You can see more my finds on http://donbassfossil.webs.com/apps/photos/

Edited by RomanK