Tank cover will not come off my Comco

AeroMike

Hello everyone, so I added yet another Comco to my blaster stable. This unit is the single tank and the tank cover will not un-screw off. It will turn maybe a little less then a quarter of a turn. 

My Comco double tank will un-screw both tanks no problem. 

Has a one ran to this issue and if so, what was the remedy? 

20230304_175157.jpg

Edited by AeroMike
Clarification

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

• AeroMike changed the title to Tank cover will not come off my Comco

Thank you, I have this also. I have sent a message to Comco and awaiting a response. 

17 hours ago, Harry Pristis said:

Sounds like grit in the threads.  Have you tried a strap wrench?  (An oil filter wrench is an example.)

Harry, you and I are thinking along the same lines. I was looking for my strap wrench but did not find it before I left on a business trip so when I get back, I will either find it, or go get one. I have tried blowing air under it in hopes to clear any blockage but that did not work.

Try heating the outer cover with hair drier or heat gun.  That may give it enough clearance to pass whatever the obstruction is.  Also, since you can move it a little bit, you might try light tapping on it while working it back and forth.  I would be careful about putting too much torque on it, the lower plate its mounted to is pretty thin.  Before you start strong-arming it, you might disassemble the unit and mount the hopper base to something beefier.

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin