Phone case recommendations for the field

ScottBlooded

Hello! Anyone have a good recommendation for a brand of phone case they’ve used in the field that successfully kept dirt out of all the phone holes? Phone crannies? I’d like to start taking more pictures out in the field but I work in a really dirt heavy scree (might sound redundant but really, especially dirty) and know it’s impossible with what I’m currently using. Also obviously durability is a factor too. Probably waterproof as well so it could be rinsed off easily after.

Thanks for your time!

A waterproof case should also be good for keeping the dust out. Probably want to wash it off before extracting your phone afterwards. LifeProof is probably the best but it's also a bit expensive.  You can find cheaper knock offs with good reviews if your phone is mainstream enough (iPhone/galaxy).

Most iphones and galaxys are natively waterproof so if the dirt doesn't bother you, you can just hose them off afterwards.

Edited by JBkansas
  • I Agree 2

There are all sorts of waterproof phone cases out there, shape and cost.  Ive used them when it was muddy and collecting in the badlands.  Problem was keeping my hands clean

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

You can also look into wearable cases for kayaking.  I have one thats water and air tight and not bulky at all.  Essentially a plastic sleeve.  Came with a lanyard for convenience too. Passed a lake test and ocean test at least so dusty dirt and mud no problem. Also much cheaper and more convenient than switching out cases.

Edited by FB003

*Frank*