Micro Marine Fossils Hell Creek Formation

svcgoat

Is there any way to identify what animals these mini marine fossils from the hell creek formation belong to?

S20230402_0010.thumb.jpg.bca48f84e84e1be2f67c9ddcd866d58e.jpg

@Troodon

Perkins County SD
however its possible that a shark tooth found its way in there that shouldn't be I had these in a little baggy for awhile 

If that's the case, then the ammonite (#4) might be important. I don't think the ammonite fauna is very well known from Lancian sites.

#7 reminds me of a snail though

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

I have my doubts that this material is HC, might be Fox Hill Fm

I'll double check

13 hours ago, Troodon said:

I have my doubts that this material is HC, might be Fox Hill Fm

Marine fossils may suggest that it's from the underlying Fox Hills. Either the fossils were reworked into typical Hell Creek sediments, or the locality where these fossils were found is within the FH on the same ranch, where Hell Creek is probably more of the focus for hunters. Alternatively it could be from a marine tongue of the Hell Creek such as the Breien Member known from North Dakota. The twitter thread linked below talks about the mosasaur remains found in this member.

Sure anything is possible but that member is more North and East of where these were found.  Still more unlikely than likely @PaleoNoel but who knows.

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Sure anything is possible but that member is more North and East of where these were found.  Still more unlikely than likely @PaleoNoel but who knows.

Indeed, I'm not suggesting that it's necessarily Breien mb., rather another marine tongue, however I think it's more likely that the site was FH or reworked. 

15 minutes ago, PaleoNoel said:

Indeed, I'm not suggesting that it's necessarily Breien mb., rather another marine tongue, however I think it's more likely that the site was FH or reworked. 

Person I got the specimens from said its FH that he put in a box of HC stuff hence my confusion :)