Ernst Quarry / Sharktooth Hill: A Cautionary Tale

ClearLake

On 5/10/2023 at 1:14 PM, Toothie said:

There are some owners of private properties around there who occasionally let people dig.  One of those sites is super rich, but it is expensive to dig.  I don't know if I'm at liberty to give out their names anymore.  If you are interested, please, PM me and I will contact them to see if they are still doing this.

They do…headed out there tomorrow with my daughter to dig on Saturday…I thought it was steep but after seeing similar trip reports from Ernst, didn’t want to fly all the way to CA from CO and come back with next to nothing.  Paid dig said most come away with 100 or so per person a day and they dig with you to guide you (and give you their finds as well).  I’ll do a trip report calling it “Private STH dig” when I get back and get everything cleaned up next week.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

36 minutes ago, Rock36 said:

I’ll do a trip report calling it “Private STH dig”

Please avoid any mention of pricing or the name of the company when you post your report.  Thanks. :)

• Enjoyed 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

17 hours ago, Rock36 said:

They do…headed out there tomorrow with my daughter to dig on Saturday…I thought it was steep but after seeing similar trip reports from Ernst, didn’t want to fly all the way to CA from CO and come back with next to nothing.  Paid dig said most come away with 100 or so per person a day and they dig with you to guide you (and give you their finds as well).  I’ll do a trip report calling it “Private STH dig” when I get back and get everything cleaned up next week.

Awesome!!!  Go get 'em tiger!!!  I look forward to seeing what you find. 

The CA trip is too far and too expensive, for me; especially after I lose income at work, on top of the cost of the trip.  Even south Florida, is quite a long drive for me. 

Edited by Rock Hound