Please Don't Tell Me It's Not Wood!

Rocks Anne

Sifted gravel at Crater of Diamonds over 100 hours - no diamonds; brought home 565 lbs of rocks from North Carolina mines - no emeralds or rubies; spent over $330 or organized trips to cliffs - no meg teeth; posted pics of my 'fossil vertebrae' - found out they are flint nodules. Here is part of my fossilized wood collection:

(holding breath....)

post-3322-127488576205_thumb.jpg

Sifted gravel at Crater of Diamonds over 100 hours - no diamonds; brought home 565 lbs of rocks from North Carolina mines - no emeralds or rubies; spent over $330 or organized trips to cliffs - no meg teeth; posted pics of my 'fossil vertebrae' - found out they are flint nodules. Here is part of my fossilized wood collection:

Reverse side:

post-3322-12748860185854_thumb.jpg

I wooden say no to any of them

Nice wood pet wood you found :D

Looks like ya got a woody! :P

Lots of it over here in East Carolina.

Be true to the reality you create.

HURRAY! Finally - thanks all! (You guys are much nicer than the stuffed shirts in the photography forums.)

PS: Forgot to say I collected all of it from rivers /creeks in Oklahoma.

Nice pet wood there. Congrats on the finds and I can't wait to see your next finds. :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Wood for sure! Don't give up you'll start finding what you seek soon. B)B)B):)

post-23-12749241716418_thumb.jpg

Edited by worthy 55

It's my bone!!!

Don't get discouraged, just keep it up and you'll be buried in good finds before you know it. ;)

I took my daughter hunting diamonds in Arkansas this past March. We didn't find anything either and we both agreed it was boring <_<.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

um, i loved crater of diamonds. but i was hunting other stuff there too, like lamproite tuff and such

Nice petrified wood!

I guess this was the southeastern corner of OK, i.e. cretaceous, although if from the "older" rock in OK might be more interesting.

Wood. :)

Next time in Arkansas, try the Ron Coleman quartz mine in Jessieville, outside of Hot Springs.

Nice petrified wood!

I guess this was the southeastern corner of OK, i.e. cretaceous, although if from the "older" rock in OK might be more interesting.

Actually from the OKC area, probably from Colorado.

Ah cool, so maybe that is Permian fossil wood, or possibly Pleistocene. I guess all the red (iron) mineral adds a nice color to the wood.

Wood. :)

Next time in Arkansas, try the Ron Coleman quartz mine in Jessieville, outside of Hot Springs.

Now that place is cool. :D

Alfred North Whithead

Don't get discouraged, just keep it up and you'll be buried in good finds before you know it. ;)

Well, my house is already close to being buried in finds - there must be something good in there somewhere!

post-3322-12754067932733_thumb.jpeg

post-3322-12754067946782_thumb.jpg

Et ma femme Corinne qui se plaint : "je ne fais pas assez souvent le nettoyage des poussières autour de mes cailloux" hhhahahhahhah ,humour français mes amis

And my wife Corinne who complains: "I do not quite often clean the dust around my stones" hhhahahhahhah, French humor my friends ......no offense..... , I'm just surprised at the different ways of collecting, it is surprising to me ... ;);)

Bruno

post-967-12754097292173_thumb.jpg

Bruno, your wife must be a patient woman... :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Et ma femme Corinne qui se plaint : "je ne fais pas assez souvent le nettoyage des poussières autour de mes cailloux" hhhahahhahhah ,humour français mes amis

And my wife Corinne who complains: "I do not quite often clean the dust around my stones" hhhahahhahhah, French humor my friends ......no offense..... , I'm just surprised at the different ways of collecting, it is surprising to me ... ;) ;)

Bruno

My collections will be nice and neat like that once I get organized! The problem is, I'd rather be out collecting more stuff!

Hey, how did you get picts of my bedroom? :D I'm starting to run out of room for stuff as well. I have this horrible feeling I'm gonna be on that show about hoarders one day. I keep thinking one day, I'll meet a great guy who will build me shelves and display cases to put all my stuff in. Wishful thinking I know. :P

Alfred North Whithead