So Many Ferns....so Little Time!

FossilForKids

So I went to the coal seam at St. Clair with a mix of excitement and trepidation. I hoped to not encounter guards but I was commited to a mission and then use of deadly force was authorized (or was that farce?) :sword: I decided not to walk in but used an alternate method of insertion :skydive: Once on the ground I realized security was much more lax than I had anticipated. Due to budget constraints for the security company they used Yorkies as guard dogs and after a few mini weenies they were no problem.

Seriously. I parked, walked to the fork in the nroad and took a left. The only posted signs were on the land across the road from the quarry and no sign of guards. Un fortunately Ii had a 10 hour drive today and my time was limited to surface collecting. I found a few pieces I was very happy with and headed out after about 45 minutes.

I have to tell you the drive through PA was incredible with the combination of beauty and history.

FFK

post-1292-12749984377845_thumb.jpg

post-1292-12749984548988_thumb.jpg

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

John,

Nice specimens!

Glad you got through without having to break out the combat knife! wink.gif

Mission accomplished! On to the next -

Continued good fortune, hospitality and well wishes for a safe and productive journey!

Thanks for the updates!biggrin.gif

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks for the update!!

I am glad you have a paceful hunting.

Probably I will go this saturday

No, seriously - Yorkies!? Of all the "guard" dogs they had to use, why pick the one that is always described either as "silly" or "cute"? May as well have used hamsters...