(Enters nervously, looks around for a friendly face)

Absurdly Curious

• New Members

(Blushing, nervous giggling)

I'm Sally from Hartsville, Tennessee in the USA. My third and last child just graduated high school, and my 3 stepkids have given us 6 awesome grandkids. I've been fascinated with all fossilized things since I was about 25 when I moved into the hills and "hollers" of TN and began finding crinoids in our creek-rock driveway. Thank you so much, forum, for existing! And for those of you who give your time to share your knowledge with us. I'm fully obsessed and have tons of stuff to inquire about. One question... how much is too much?

...Just kidding...

...(not really)

• Enjoyed 7

Welcome from North Texas! Some members are from other states, really, even Tennessee. Passing through there I once got to collect for a few minutes at a site near I-40 at the cut off to Dickson so I know you have some great fossils there. There's no cure for our affliction but the support group is awesome ;)

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Hello Sally and welcome to our forum family.  Come on in and let me introduce you to my and soon to be your friends.  Two of my fellow Texans have already introduced themselves (Yes, I'm from Texas too, but as Bob says, all states are represented here as you will soon see as well as many other countries across the planet. All members are friendly and thanks to the way the forum is managed, it will stay that way.  No rock throwing here - no pun intended);. Both of the above folks are fine members to get to know.  Jamie has established herself as quite the collector and collator of Texas (and other areas) fossils and has blessed the forum with some great picts of her collection for others to use in ID.  Bob is quite the expert in N. Tx. Penn. fossils and supports a very useful section of the Dallas Paleo Society's website focused on Penn. fossils.

We have many other experts in all fields of paleontology from all across the world.  They'll be arriving soon to welcome you.  In the meantime, make yourself at home, grab a beverage and some snacks and mingle.

I see @Fin Lover just came in as well.  She is one of our newer members who has risen quickly in her knowledge and contributions and is our most recent member of the month.  Come over and say Hi to her.  She'll be someone you'll want to get to know as well. 

How's the beverage?  Need refreshing?

Edited by grandpa
Catch up with recent reply
  • Enjoyed 4
  • Thank You 3

Hi Sally, a warm welcome from Shanghai - glad to have you aboard.

Edited by oilshale
  • Thank You 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

1 hour ago, Absurdly Curious said:

us. I'm fully obsessed and have tons of stuff to inquire about. One question... how much is too much?

Hi Sally and welcome to the forum! In answer to your question…as long as you are freindly and trying to learn there is no such thing as too much! The only dumb question is the one not asked! Ask away and we will try our best to help.

• Thank You 1

• New Members

Thanks a bunch! Gonna get out in the sunlight tomorrow and get some good shots; got my ruler ready!

Hello, Sally, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

Four friendly faces for you ; 

Poop3.thumb.jpg.cc3ba7f4bcf7410e85892c2059a5403b.jpg

• Enjoyed 3
  • Thank You 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

8 hours ago, Absurdly Curious said:

about. One question... how much is too much?

...Just kidding...

...(not really)

Ha! Many of us have been trying to find an answer to this question for years. If I ever figure it out I’ll let you know! ;) 

Hello and welcome from a northern neighbor in Kentucky! :) 

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Welcome from Colorado!

• Thank You 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Welcome from Illinois.

• Thank You 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Just to balance it a bit... A very warm (well, cold, actually...) welcome from the United Kingdom! 

• Thank You 1

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.