Gem bone?/ coprolite ?, ivory rock?

Callahan

Found these yesterday in gray slate like clay layer crumble layer below limestone creatacious outcrop in creek in north tx stuck on clay/slate mud 

possible ivory was found on Trinity river main tx

Also recently found what seems to be ivory petrified chunk. 

I polished growth rings and smelled like burnt antler or kinda like hair when I first put under grinder.  

any ideas ?

pics 

1-4 possible ivory or petrified wood? Much softer than p wood I’ve founds and think it can burn. 

5-6

Dino gemie bone or coprolite/poop?

7-8

very translucent coprolite or just some sort of agatetized quartz rock etc?

9 where found rocks under limestone fossil outcrop

any ideas of these stone?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

8AD8F33E-AF81-48AC-B7F7-4E73972D3577.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1

1 Petrified wood. Common it the Trinity River

5 Ironstone

7 May be petrified wood that was decayed before it was preserved. I'd like to see a photo of it dry. 

Clay slate mud is called marl. Ammonites can sometimes be found in it. 

• I found this Informative 1

K yea tons of ammonites and shells above the marl layer.  Thanks for info.  

FYI I do find a ton of p wood usually don’t even pic up only if big I keep.  

the p wood that I called possible ivory is different than anything else I have found.  

it smelled of burnt bone etc when I put under grinder at first and actually burned the material. 

Then went on to hand sand grom 320 grit to 4000 grit.  Seems much softer than petrified wood.  But I do agree it’s probably p wood. 

also number seven is pretty much a crystal like some sort of agate natural polished. Just odd where I found it. 

Number 5 I could not get a magnet to stick. Probably due to crappy magnet.  I did polish a little and smells of iron and also has little blue crystal veins in rock which is differnt from what I collected. 

anyways thank you very much and maybe better pics would help but I’m sure you are right. 

will post some better pics today and see if you still positive on id. 

Some of the fossil wood in that area is relatively soft. I found a log imbedded in solid rock so that it was not river tumbled. That was much softer, and looked surprisingly like modern wood. I've even heard stories of fossil wood that burned quite nicely.

Ironstone is not magnetic. It is composed of impure iron compounds. Blue often indicates the presence of copper.  

That’s interested.  I’m definitely going to make a knife scale out of petrified wood due to hardness and carve ability 

thanks you sir and god bless. 

Well while I got a experts attention/rockwoods  what you think about this carnivore tooth?

Same place Trinity river and root of tooth seems to be river washed a little/worn   

found a lot of bison bones that are mineralized some bison teeth , one skull cap, and some extinct horse teeth in same gravel bar on Trinity river main Texas. Dfw area 

any ideas. Modern dog or yote or something worthy and cool ?

15980EC5-E71F-46C7-B1AC-8BC56C070FF1.jpeg

14FFED8A-76AE-459E-BD61-FD49E8FD71B6.jpeg

The blunt end makes me thing this is probably from a domestic dog. You should wait for other opinions though.

Yes sir what I figured.  Was hopeful a extinct dire ,red, or timber Wolfe from Texas.