My best find. Please help ID. In Missouri

gw8706

Hi I found this in a creek bed in Missouri not far from the Mississippi River. Need help identifying please. If I were to guess, it's some piece of a crinoid? It's my best find since I started this new hobby. Thanks

20230702_140502.jpg

20230702_140509.jpg

Nice find, by the way. Always amazing to think Missouri was once a subtropical coral reef! You've got a piece of geologic history in hand. :) 

• I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Nice! Where there is one fossil there may be more. Looking forward to seeing what else you manage to pull out of that creek.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I Agree 2

Your fossil time is just getting started. This is a very exciting time that a few of us may have become blasé about over the years. Despite that, we'll be cheering you on as you make new find after find. :) You're in the right place, and looking forward to what next specimen you find!

Thanks Kane! I was just curious, could this also possibly be a Conulariid Jellyfish? Thanks!

Thanks Kane! I was just curious, could this also possibly be a Conulariid Jellyfish? Thanks!

20230702_143718.jpg

I’m still in the coral camp with this one. Conularids tend to have a kind of herringbone pattern. :)