Anchiornis with feathers

This looks like an Anchiornis from Liaoning, China.  The specimen seemingly has its features preserved.  Does it look like it's painted?

Feathered Dinosaur.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

On first glimpse it looks very good. Do you have more pictures? Beautiful piece for any collector 

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Phos_01 said:

On first glimpse it looks very good. Do you have more pictures? Beautiful piece for any collector 

Unfortunately I only have this photo.

23 hours ago, Crazyhen said:

Unfortunately I only have this photo.

The seller only provided you this one to acquire it? We would love to see more of it and some closer images 

• Thank You 1

You cannot say anything definitively with just one distant photo.  Need HD closeup photos of all the key areas including skull and feathered areas.  All Chinese birds are suspect.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 2

Hard to decide, looks at the first and snd view very good and original

But, ask for more and details pics before you buy. I am sure this costs pretty more than a burger-menue for every day a year...

I would not buy without more pics, but it looks good enough to ask the seller to hold it for you till you could proof it with better pics

• I found this Informative 2

4 hours ago, rocket said:

Hard to decide, looks at the first and snd view very good and original

But, ask for more and details pics before you buy. I am sure this costs pretty more than a burger-menue for every day a year...

I would not buy without more pics, but it looks good enough to ask the seller to hold it for you till you could proof it with better pics

Thanks, Rocket, I am not buying it (the cost is too high!), but I am just interested to see if it's genuine or not, especially the "feathers".  And I agree with Troodon that all Chinese birds are suspect, the fake ones are really difficult to tell.

• Enjoyed 1

• 2 months later...

It looks globally genuine because we can see the unprepped bones under the rock but in order to know if nothing has been painted a close up would be necessary.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

looks real to me. Not easy to decide with one Pic, but the argument with the unprepped bones under the surface let me think it is real, too

If you do not need it :eyeroll:, I have birthday in two weeks :Jumping:

• Thank You 1