Big News at Dinosaur Park, Laurel MD

patelinho7

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/rare-bone-bed-found-at-dinosaur-park-in-laurel-maryland/3383589/?amp=1

I hope everyone, especially people from the D.C. area can take some time and hear the news! 

After several months of excavation, we were finally able to break the news to the press and fully excavate the bones out of the park! I’m very happy to have been part of this process, although I unfortunately missed yesterday’s press day because of my job :shakehead:

• I found this Informative 3
  • Enjoyed 4

A few errors here and there, but what can you do… “paleo-antologist”???? Really, NBC?????

• Enjoyed 1

Pretty cool and described as"‘Most important dig site east of the Mississippi': Ancient river ‘bone bed' reveals dinosaur fossils in Maryland"

A few photos Tom Holtz twitter

Screenshot_20230713_055416_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6a02abe13c3042b53057ba3a000ad2d9.jpg

Screenshot_20230713_055443_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3ebc76e880d760ddc4353e7dc457b05e.jpg

• Enjoyed 4

That’s JP Hodnett, our park paleontologist. He’s awesome to work with, and his area of study is about Paleozoic chondrichthyans which is a separate but fascinating topic to discuss with him.

I am very surprised that I managed to miss this post. Very intriguing and significant find! I am glad that you had an opportunity to be a part of this wonderful discovery. 

I do not know how much you know about what is happening to the fossil, but do you know if anyone has already shown interest in writing a paper about it? That would be most interesting.