Updates on some finds.

Petrified

A lot going on here. Found an oddity yesterday trying to figure out if petrified wood or bone.  The outside of it shows evidence it rolled in sand a while.  Plus confusion is outside layer looks like an old bone look.   My past petrified wood finds in comparison.  Next my petrified wood is being studied to figure out tree and timeline.  It's very rare even though up to 26 pieces found in one location.  Next a paleontologist did confirm the one find was a tooth.  Less than a mile from petrified wood location.  Im making big discoveries but learning even more.  A geoscientist is talking to me on almost a daily basis.  He is a Dr at a university.  I am very grateful with his help and patience. If anyone can figure out if petrified wood or bone thanks. 

IMG_20230715_164250865.jpg

IMG_20230715_192353858.jpg

IMG_20230715_184445796.jpg

IMG_20230715_184450556.jpg

IMG_20230715_164246843.jpg

IMG_20230715_164239818.jpg

Definition of a fossil= Love at first site.

Next petrified wood from same location.  Even with cellular structure closeup on one.  A geologist took this pic for me of cell structures 

IMG_20230214_174643802.jpg

IMG_20230303_155650334.jpg

received_1383738615506843.jpeg

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I don't think the first piece is either wood or bone, it looks like metamorphic rock. There could be some sort of cast thing going on, but that also could just be the ways the minerals organized. Others may know more. Second piece looks much better

• I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, bockryan said:

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I don't think the first piece is either wood or bone, it looks like metamorphic rock. There could be some sort of cast thing going on, but that also could just be the ways the minerals organized. Others may know more. Second piece looks much better

You talking about the first or second post?  The second post was proven already so irrelevant.  The first post something is petrified but what.  There are 3 rings middle made me think cycad but the abundance of white is what threw me off.  I have a geologist who takes cellular structures of the petrified wood for me.  I will be taking it to him to get closeup.

1 minute ago, Petrified said:

You talking about the first or second post?  The second post was proven already so irrelevant.  The first post something is petrified but what.  There are 3 rings middle made me think cycad but the abundance of white is what threw me off.  I have a geologist who takes cellular structures of the petrified wood for me.  I will be taking it to him to get closeup.

The first piece. The texture and colors seem to align much more with metamorphic rock than anything fossilized. If you get a thin section and it shows as plant material than more power to you, that's the best way to tell anyway. I don't think anything more definitive can be determined from photos, although again others may know more/disagree! I will say that if I had to choose, I think there's basically 0% chance it is bone vs. some chance it is some type of plant material

• Thank You 1