New Kid On The Block

rauchound

Hi, just wanted to intro myself, my name is Rance and live in Fort Worth Texas. Been a rock hound about 40 yrs. no im not about 80 im almost 4_ anyway i was helpiing the spouse plant some elephant ears and was digging a hole and pulled out what looked like a end of a upper leg bone, dug some more and pulled out some vertebra looking fossils and knuckles and stuff like that had dug a hole about one foot sq. and had about 500 pieces some very small and i have no idea what any of them are but know that some of them connect to each other. havent been able to find anyone that knows what they are and my friends said stop digging before you screw something up. the fossils were found in dark black moist clay. when rinsing this stones they turned the water green? any way i just need to figure out how to get them loaded on here for ya'll to look at and help with the ID thanks for having me rauchound. i just tried to upload some pics put they are each more the 1 MB

Hello rauchhound...

I'm definitely interested in seeing what you've got there! Very unusual that washing fossils would turn the water green. Post pictures as soon as possible please.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Hello rauchhound...

I'm definitely interested in seeing what you've got there! Very unusual that washing fossils would turn the water green. Post pictures as soon as possible please.

-Joe

how can i upload them if there more than 1MB?

Welcome to the Forum I fixed the size limit so you shouldn't have any problems now.

i guess i'm doing something wrong after i browse and pick the photo and upload the spinning timer starts and then says "you did not select a file to upload"

i guess i'm doing something wrong after i browse and pick the photo and upload the spinning timer starts and then says "you did not select a file to upload"

ok, i think i've got it going now i'll upload a couple more and fire them off.

Ok it says its initializing attachments i hope im on the right path

SW is well known for having copper sulphates which will coat items

when i would get close to a new stone there would be this yellowish clay surrounding the fossils.. also have found some black stuff like charcoal

when i would get close to a new stone there would be this yellowish clay surrounding the fossils.. also have found some black stuff like charcoal

still spinning the spinner???????/

still spinning the spinner???????/

rauchound,

If you can't get it, you can email me the pictures and I'll post them. My address is arrowheadhunter15@msn.com

Also, you can go to an image hosting website such as www.photobucket.com and upload them there.. Then get the BB Code link right below the picture and paste it to the forum.

Oh, and welcome to the forum... It's good to have you here and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure the photo problem will be fixed.. I'm really curious to see what you've found.

i see 2 of the pics uploaded in the manage attactments but i dont know how to get them out of there.

On the drop down bar for manage attachments, just click on the pic numbers, usually it is numbers with jpg after them.

It will insert them into your post.

Welcome to the forum!

Hello rauchhound...

-Joe

hey chris did you get a chance to look at my pics i got chris to upload them for me. these are not small shell like fossils these are pretty big. some say they look like large teeth and some say vertebra since about 15 of them have like a socket dimple like impression on them if you look at the close up of the one demple you can see several markings. i just need to find someone that knows about the larger amimals and the leg bone fossil looks just like the pics at the museum of anceint man and the brown dog bone looking one is also like ancient man.???? let me know what you think this is only a small sample of the 500 or so fossils i've found. also i dont know if i need to use a engraver to chisel away the limestone???/ thanks for your interest , also while uncovering some of these i came across something like skin or fabric and pieces of wood like stuff and that wierd outer layer of yellowish clay surrounding the pieces. thanks man